“It’s so cold outside…”
Oh no, It’s the time for colds again! Most people feel under the weather around November because it’s nearly winter and the outside temperatures are a bit funny… We get sore throats, headaches, stuffy noses… I decided to write about remedies for colds because I fell ill.
One of the most common ones.
- Teas –> Herb tea, black tea. My favourite one at the moment is Apple & Cinnamon. Add some honey and (if you can) lemon to heal faster.
- Eat lots of vitamin C –> Tangerines, Oranges
- Drink lots –> Water
- Take some anti-inflamatory medicine
- Take a teaspoon of honey and let it melt down your throat
- Gargle salt water
And if none of these work consult your doctor to find out if you have strep-throat.
- Painkillers –> very efficient
- Rest –> naps, go to bed earlier
- Lots of water
- Cooling packs –> place them on your fore-head
- Don’t blow your nose –> It might be funny but it only makes your congestion worse!
- Saline nasal spray
- De-congestional pills
- Breath over steam
- Drink lots –> Hydration is critical
- Warm compress –> Place it over your nose
- Rest in upright position
- Spicy food
How to prevent getting colds:
- Dress warmly
- Don’t get your feet wet or cold –> most of the colds come from that
- Stay hydrated
- Drink teas, hot chocolate and any warm drinks
Hope this helped you! 🙂